Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Big Bridge and Big Trees

  Today was an eventfull day of motorcycle travel. I left Monterey with a fog cover and a bit cool. Then Nancy and I split ways and I made it over to Hwy 101 and low and behold there was Nancy. Evidently her turn and mine ended up at the same place just prior to her turning off to go cross the mountains. After working my way through Palo Alto to find gas , I took 101 through San Francisco and across the The Golden Gate Bridge. This is the second time I have crossed this bridge. The first was on my honeymoon.

 As I passed the turn to Sonoma I thought about the Sonoma Inn and the great life that was just begining. My life has certainly turned out differently than I thought. I had expected to revisit there on our twenty year anniversary. Of course the grandkids and other great things that have happened were not anticipated either. The point is we don't know what life has in store for us. I know passing that exit will help me move on to what God has in store for me now.
  I proceeded up the Redwood Highway. The weather warmed and the mountains began to get more green and with more trees. Then the trees started getting bigger. 
The road was twisty turns that were very much like those in the Blue Ridge Parkway. Trees encompass the road in parts and its like driving through a hole in the forest. The turns become longer and you can get a smooth rhythm on them. I discovered I am better at right handed turns than lefthanded ones. I have a tendency to look short and turn too soon so I practiced looking through the turn and my rythm improved. Its been a while since I have been on a road long enough to really practice this. It should help if I get on a track with high speed turns. I like them anyway so getting better at them is cool.
  My song pics today were just too good. The first was Tower Of Power " Everybody Walk Your Dinasour" as I'm crusing past Oakland and Joni Mitchel " A Case Of You" while coming down Van Ness in downtown San Fransisco. I really don't plan these the are a random play from suffle.
   Tomorrow I check out the Redwoods and head out of California.

1 comment:

  1. It was indeed so wonderful to ride with you, I'm glad our paths met for that one last wave. I went off into the land of heat and violently green pistachio trees. Then I climbed into my mountains again until at above 9000 in Yosemite, the drizzle of rain turned to sleet. I was glad I packed my heavy jacket and had dry gloves. You might need to layer up before your ride is done. (Yes, I am still your big sister.)
    I'm back in my home groove but I will be following you as you travel along. Keep swinging with the turns.

    ReplyDelete