Thursday, May 23, 2013

Sunshine Blue Skies Please Don't Go Away

  Today was sunshine blue skies and around 50ish. Great weather to ride. I ran under a big grey cloud to the hotel just missing any rain. It occured to me that some might not understand riding a motorcycle on such a journey as I have embarked upon. When you ride in a car you experience the surroundings as one would watching a movie. On a motorcycle you are part of the surroundings. If it rains it rains on you, you smell, feel and experience all around you. The scenery is not out there it's here. Riders often explain they feel a great freedom when riding. This is also true. There is also the experience of travelling light, afterall you have to carry what you need and no more.
  I left Oregon and made my way to Idaho today. The mountains were left to the edge of my view and the hills and plain were covered with agriculture. The mountains and then the hills are green not brown like California. It's beautiful. I saw two motorcycles on my ride yesterday probably an indicator that I was one of the few brassen enough to venture out. Today there were many more bands of us two wheeling folk. I plan on heading into Wyoming tomorrow. I've been through the Rockies in Colorado and so I'll see what Wyoming plains look like. I can also make better time on the interstate.
  Music choice for today. Luis Miguel " No Me Platiques Mas" riding out of the mountain pass onto the plains.

No comments:

Post a Comment