Saturday, May 25, 2013

Roadracers Have Rubber

   I arose this morning with the express plan of obtaining new rubber. The I-80 Powersports people don't open until 10 so I got to work on the problem early. Google is such a great thing. TNT Powersports in Laramie opens at 9. A quick call to confirm they had my tire and could get me in and out and I was on the road. Brian the owner is a former roadracer and got me in and out in a couple of hours. Not bad since I showed just before lunch. It gave us time to talk about the MOTOGP race at Austin. He was there too. We did some serious bench racing and soon I had new rubber and headed to Denver.
   As I crossed the Colorada border the heat began to rise. I'm getting closer to the south. The next stop for gas included removing my jacket liner for the first time since I left LA. The mountains in Colorado are green like Idaho but rockier and topped with snow. I made to Pueblo by 7. Not bad after having a two hour lunch stop to get a tire. The Best Wetern was at the end of hotel row. I should have picked up on that earlier. Who would of thought a NCAA track meet would be in Pueblo. It was and there were no rooms anywhere. Back on the road to the lovely town of Walsenburg. That makes the second 400+ day in a row. So here I am in nowhere Colorado. I will say this about the Best Western chain. They have gone to great lenghts to make sure they all have a great bed and flat screen TV.
  The music choice for today is either "Train Train" entering Laramie or "Kiss" by Tom Jones entering Denver.
  Tomorrow I head to Amarillo or beyond. It seems I am pushing a little every day. I think I am ready to get home for some puppy face licking.

No comments:

Post a Comment