Monday, May 27, 2013

Bob's By The Pool

  Today was to be a short ride and hanging with my buddy but this plan got derailed and Gloria stepped up to fill in. Don's Mom was not doing well and he thought it best I stay elsewhere. Totally understandable. My delimma Ride like the wind and get home real late, ride to Sherevport and stay in a hotel again or call on my friend Gloria to put up a weary traveller. Yup Gloria won out. It was a good call. I talked her into shisk-a-bobs and she talked into a dip in the pool. God its good to be in the South.
  I out ran the rain and should miss it tomorrow. Tomorrow is the last 400+ day on my journey. It gets easier because I'll get closer to home with each mile. I'll blog one last time when I get home and post a pic of my faithful puppy and trusted cat. If I can get them to stand still.
  My friend Steve asked me how many miles I've logged in and the answer is 7k by the time I get home. It seems unbelievable that it's been that much distance in one month. A nice relaxing night and I'll hit the road tomorrow.
  The song for the day is Stevie Wonder's "Past Time Paradise" as I was passing through Witchita Falls. I don't have any Glen Campbell. Will see what tomorrow's shuffle brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment