Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Grand Canyon Oh Hail Yeah!

  Well today was filled with wind, rain, hail and road assistance.  It was overcast this morning headed to the Grand Canyon. It drizzled a few times today but no real down pour. It was an one hour juant up to the canyon and then OMG. Pictures, words and wow do not do this place justice. Imagine standing in Brandon and looking at downtown Jackson with a drop of a few thousand feet in between. I don't mean a thousand feet, not two thousand feet, I mean a mile or better. You come within a hundred feet of the rail and your fear of falling says this is close enough. It was a careful walk to the rail. There were birds flying below us. 
    I went back to the bike to get ready to leave, a little drizzle began then a little hail. Yes, I said hail... So time to go. The wind was strong again today. I made it California and its amazing how the mountains and their colors change. They are not as red and the land begins to get green. I was planning my last gas stop and thought certainly there is a gas place between this place and the next town only 70 miles away. Nope, I had gas for 60 miles. Stuck on the the side of the road with a 10 mile hike, oneway of course. I decided I had a better chance of getting a ride if I stood by the bike and stuck out my thumb. Its amazing who God sends to the stranded. I got a trucker from North Carolina to get gas and an Iraninan Christain on the way back.God bless our truckers. An hour later I was on the road again. What a day!  
  Tomorrow I battle LA traffic to Hunington Beach and water. 




No comments:

Post a Comment