Saturday, May 11, 2013

Feast on the Bluff

  Today was a full day of vacation. A dog walk to the pier, a visit with some motorcycle tourists, a nap and a real feast followed with Justified. We walked my friend Terry's two Jack Russells down to Steadman Pier and on the way back I saw a Honda Shadow dressed with bags. I introduced myself as a Sabre owner and met some tourist from Sussex. They had ridden from Florida and were travelling this summer. We also saw a group of Harley clad tourists bikers from France.  Then it was off to grab BBQ foods. Nancy and I made bruchette and I made some wings. Steak, chicken, guacamole bruchette and much more made for a fine feast. I saw Bev and Bill and other folks I haven't seen in years.
  It was a fine day to hang out in sunny southern California. Tomorrow I head to stay a couple if days with my friends Bev and Bill. The music for the day was flaminco. Spanish guitar was appropriate for the feast on the bluff. Tonight the castles glow to invite me back another time. I really like visiting here but still don't think living here is me. It is really nice to have more than one place that feels this comfortable. It's like being in Ft. Walton. I love it there but I like going home. I did get into an interesting conversation about religion. The comment was religion is for people who need to rely on something other than themselves. That worship was in some sense demeaning. The unexamed life is not worth living. Something I learned in philosophy class. I think this includes the reality that there is a power greater than us. Worship I believe is the recognition of this and prayer is the historical way we have been taught to interact with this higher power. I mean nothing disrepectful in this statement but it is where we learned to talk to God. The concept of living life without a belief in a higher power is a very lonely self-centered way to live. It is as self-centered as believing we are the only life in existence.
  Tomorrow suishi and more of SoCal.

No comments:

Post a Comment