Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Rain Ice and Mr. Sandman

  I doned my rain attire as I left the Hartung manor with the drizzle of rain Seattle is known for. That continued with intermitent showers through Summit Pass and all day. I stopped in Summit Pass for gas and asked the attendant if there was more snow ahead. There was snow everywhere! He told me they were at the top and it was clear down the other side of the pass. So only rain, cold rain. I was glad I brought my winter gloves.
  Next stop was dry so I utilized an old trick, I put my gloves at the exhaust pipe and used the forced warm air to dry and heat them. I made my way down through Deadman's Pass. That was beautifully green and a view that covered miles. Then back amongst the mountain passes. The last one cleared to a fairly straight road and more rain. This time the altitude, cold rain and wind combined to form ice on my windshield. Great! Ice! It did not seem to be on the road so on I go.
  I made it to La Grande Oregon and the Best Western awaiting me. Booked, no vacancies. In this town of few stop lights No Vacancy. Lucky for me the Sandman Inn was next door. The thought of going another 45 miles as the sun went down and the temperature dropped was unappealling.
  The song for today was "Need Somebody" by The Subdudes as I was going through the pass in the rain. My talk with God today centered around safe passage. So far God has graced me with a safe journey and as the 12 steppers would say I don't believe God would bring me this far to drop me now. Have faith my loyal followers. Have faith.

2 comments:

  1. I love that song. You gave it to me on the Radio Rusty Tapes. If I could suggest...more Radio Rusty. The world needs it. I certainly do. Safe passage and my prayers go with you. Such a journey life is for us all!
    I was thinking today about volunteering to build a house for Habitat. I'd love to do that with you if you ever want to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our church does tha. Its on my to do list.

      Delete