Sunday, May 5, 2013

Wicked Wind

   Today was wicked wind. At one point just past the continental divide the wind decided I needed to move from the left lane to the right and so it moved me. Driving in a straightline leaned over like I'm making a left turn is nutts. On the good side the scenery was beautiful. The red cut away mountains and the majestic mountain ranges in the horizion were awsome. I've made it to the P's on my music library. I may have to hit iTunes soon. Most of my conversation with God today delt with keeping me on the road. Next time I either pick a different month or bring the Benz.
     I'm staying at a hotel at the base of the road to the Grand Canyon. There are some Harley folks here. The wind doesn't bother them as much as they are about twice my weight but it still causes conversation at their dinner table.
    I heard from my sister that our friends in Santa Barbara are planning a party for my return. It's nice to have such friends. I can tell I've made it out west as the pine trees are different. Elevation went up to 11,000 feet and temp dropped 10 degrees. Glad I brought chaps. Tomorrow is Grand Canyon and on to Barstow.

No comments:

Post a Comment