Saturday, May 4, 2013

All in one day

I realized that some of the followers of this blog may not know its origin and the meaning behind the trip. So...here you go. My lovely wife died last October after an almost decade's worth of battling cancer.

 I was told by all of those concerned that I should take some time off. My calendar had trials set every month until May. I began to keep all court dates off of May and I planned to go on a road trip. I decided to go visit friends on the west coast and Seattle. These are my close friends I haven't seen since Kathy was diagnosed with cancer. I also need some time talk to God time and I do that best in a helmet. For those who wish to know I'm riding a 2002 Honda 1100 Sabre.

 So as for my days events. I had lunch with aliens in Roswell and tamales in Old Town Albuquerque. I met some Harley guys today who had just finished the Kyle Petty Charity ride. One was from North Carolina. They told me there was snow on the ground in Flagstaff. Well I've had rain, driving wind and more almost out of gas in the middle of nowhere Texas than I care to tell, why not some snow.


I did come to a discovery with my talk with God today. When you give up things to make a relationship you don't give them up. You only place them aside in favor of creating something new with another. I was blessed with a wife who encouraged me to do the things she knew I liked but she did not. She was able to do them same. We would both listen to the others enjoyment and at least for me, it filled me with more love for the beautiful woman I married.

 I heard our song today. It's an original composition called " I will always love you" by Kelly Pates. What really hit me was they are both gone. Kelly died suddenly a few years ago. He was a great talent and friend. I don't morn them so much as I am drawn to the mortality of my existence. Cherish the ones you love everyday and remember the wake they leave when gone. I tell people when they ask about me and the "How are you doing, really". I lost a full time job and need to figure out what's next for me. 

Tomorrow I head to Flagstaff for a look at the snow. One day at a time I'll find myself again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment