Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Face Licking Good To Be Home

  Today I slept in late. Didn't meant to just relaxed from my half day off. Got on the road by 9:30 and proceeded to go the wrong way. These towns that are situated east and west always throw me off. It doesn't help when 35 E has two directions. I only had to go a mile or two before I realized my mistake. It takes forever to get out of Dallas but once I got on 20 I realized that 20 is really my extended drive way. My house is only a few blocks from 55 and only a few miles from 20. It made me feel good anyway. The weather was good today cool and overcast leaving Dallas and as it cleared it warmed up. Not bad. The air here in the South is filled with the smell and feel of the Gulf. The air is warm not cold like the Pacific air. Sure it gets muggy and feels like a suana but it also warms you and feels comforting.
  This was my last 400+ day. I've racked up almost 7K miles on this trip. I have accomplished what I set out to on this trip. I am settled with who I am and the situation God has placed me in. I am more comfortable with what may lie ahead.
  Todays music choice " Man of Constant Sorrow" from Oh Brother Where Art Tho as I left the gas station in Monroe. My last stop or "Lie To Me" by Johnny Lang as I was crossing the Mississippi Bridge at Vicksburg. I really like Man Of Constant Sorrow. Great song and great movie.
  I made it to town just in time to make a meeting. The topic, freedom to and from. I think I have lived examples of both. Freedom from my former life of fear and lies and freedom to do what I have just done. Some told me I was crazy to ride a motorcycle across the country others envied the adventure. For me it has been a journey without fear of what could happen. Afterall I got stranded in the middle of nowhere and was aided by good smaritians. No one robbed me or killed me. I meet only people welcoming me and open to helping me if they could. I think its called grace. I also learned that there are good people everywhere. It helps if you are not stupid and are honest with them. Once I got home my dog Max jumped on me and gave me plenty of face licking love. Ruby my cat kept meowing at me, telling me what had happened while I was gone. Max is now curled up with me and I know we are both happy to be together.
  For all who have followed this blog,Thanks for giving me an excuse to journal my life and look for the next On The Road With Rusty, Revenge of the O-ring.
                                                                               Rusty

No comments:

Post a Comment