Saturday, May 18, 2013

Going Where No Southern Caucasian Has Gone Before

  Mike and Anna Bell took me me to the Union Street fair today where we met a friend of theirs who has a young girl about Anna Bell's age. It was very interesting with lots of art vendors and food. I saw a Vanson Leathers sign and found a motorcycle leather store. Lots of great jackets and some racing leathers on display. One had been worn by a roadracer that I know. Small world. Then we went to a movie. The girls went to see the Groogs but I took the opportunity to see Into the Darkness. If you are a trekkie you'll like it. It was a typical trek movie, lots of explosions, suspense and action. It was good not great.
  I also got a call from Lake City Honda. They changed the O-ring and that seemed to be the problem, yeah!!!  They did not find a problem with the front end so I had them keep it until Tuesday to road test it. It will be road ready for its long haul back before its time to leave so all is well. I am relieved that the O-ring was the problem. It is a function of wear from time more than anything.
  Then we went to Seattle's Chinatown for dinner. We actually had Cambodian food but that's just me being picky. It was really good and the area was very reminisent of San Fran's China Town, just not as big. The Kung Fu supply store was closed by the time we finished dinner but maybe later.
  The only music reference today was Anna Bell singing along with a Katy Perry song. She is a great kid and would get along great with my girls. I've started mapping out the ride home. Should be six days on the road. Another Best Western tour to be had.

1 comment:

  1. Ah the BW tour. Peter says hi. He took the Rocket to Reno and back. Now he wants to sell it. I'm happy. Glad you did your maintenance thing.I wish you good weather on the way home.

    ReplyDelete