Friday, May 10, 2013

Cliffs and Castles

  Took Hwy 1 on the way to Santa Barbara today. Had a final lunch with my friend Steve at The Dock. They had linen table cloths. Seemed really strange for a place called the Dock. The ride today was through one of the most beautiful drives in the country. Even with an overcast sky rounding turns with the ocean and cliffs in full view is just awsome. Getting slowed on the 405 is part of the LA experience and was not too bad.
  Made it to my friends house over looking the Santa Barbara Bay from the hillside. At night the oil rigs offshore look like glowing castles in the sky. I haven't seen Terri since Kathy and I stayed with her on our honeymoon. We stayed with her and her husband in San Francisco on the way to wine country. Terri lost her husband to cancer a few years ago. Tomorrow night she and my friend Beverly are throwing a BBQ for my return here. How nice to have such friends. The most amazing thing happened when I arrived. Before I could get my helmet off my sister pulls into the driveway. Talk about timing.
  My song choice today was easy; Rod Steward's "People Get Ready" while driving through Malibu. I kept thinking of Charlie Sheen.
  Can't wait to a show these folks some real southern BBQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment