Thursday, May 16, 2013

North to Hartung. Check

  This morning started out with rain. As I made my way north the sun broke through and just before entering Seattle I stopped and removed the rain suit. Weather here today was beautiful. I made it Mike's and am ready for a few days off. When I went out to the bike this morning there was a small spot of oil on the ground under the left cover. I checked it every time I stopped today but no leak. I'll check it in the morning before I send it to the shop for an oil change. I'll get them to give it a good look over as I prepare for the ride back. It is a LONG way to Seattle by bike. The ride has really been good. After a couple hundred miles of twisties and scenery that is spectactular I can tell you that doing in shorter bursts is a good idea. Taking it in one long trip leaves little to do the next time I venture this way. Perhaps the Benz next time.
  Mike seems to be doing well as Mr. Mom raising his two kids himself. Nick actually recognized me amd Anna Bell is a smart little 5th grader. Seattle gives off a good vibe, a lot like San Francisco. Portland seemed more like an industrial town. The grays were previlent there whereas the skyline of Seattle is full color. My conclusion to the end place in my trip is I can do anything I set my mind to do as long as my motives are good and I am true to myself. Part of that is keeping a conversation with God. A conversation is two ways. God speaks but you have to pay attention to hear it sometimes.
  The song choice of the day was easy The Commitments " I Can't Stand the Rain" as I was leaving Eugene with a downpour and rain geared up.

No comments:

Post a Comment