Friday, May 24, 2013

Sunshine + Clear Road = Rawlins Wyoming

  Sunshine, a clear road and speed means miles. 447 to be exact. 9 hours in the saddle but its easier when you don't have to battle rain cold or twisties. In order to get to the other side of Colorado you have two options. 1. You can go through Wyoming which is straight and open road and cut down at Cheyenne, 2. You can cut down past Salt Lake City and go through to Grand Junction on 50 which is through the mountains. I've been that way a few years ago. The problem with both of these is they are both 750 miles and there is no place where you can stop in the middle. At least one of those days will be 400+ miles, a long day either way. I decided to go through Wyoming. Afterall I haven't seen Wyoming and if I was going to make a 400+ day best to do it on easy road.
  I hit the road convinced I would just take it easy and use another day. I cruised and made good time. I stopped at a little camp ground gas station and looked at my map. It was 50 miles to my planned stop and 120 to the next stop. It was 4 o'clock and the sun was up. I decided today was the day to push it. I arrived at 7. In time for dinner and a blog. I noticed at my last gas stop I need a rear tire. Not  a thing to panic over but if I have the time better sooner than later. So tomorrow I'll check out I-80 Powersports.
 Today's music choice was listening to "I will Always Love You" by my late friend Kelly Pates. This was the song Kathy and I had him play for us, so it became our song with him. Every time I hear it I have the image of dancing at the Feninns Pub. It is a good memory, a very happy memory.
  Todays talk with God yeilded a song lyric for me. " to know yourself is to let yourself be loved". Its from "Get Me" by Everything But The Girl. I think this is one my keys for getting past Kathy's death.

No comments:

Post a Comment